Broward County Commission Meeting May 18, 2021 @ 10AM
TO MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC AND MEDIA
Until further notice, to promote social distancing and avoid risk of additional community spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19), meetings of the Broward County Commission will not be open to physical attendance by members of the public, the media, or general County staff. Only County Commissioners and those County employees required to attend the event at the express direction of the County Administrator, County Attorney, or County Auditor may be physically present at the meeting and public hearing.
Members of the community who wish to speak on an item must utilize the new remote public participation option. This option promotes social distancing, while still offering interested parties the opportunity to participate in matters coming before the County Commission.
In order to comment on an item remotely, you must have:
- Access to the internet (to register)
- A working email address (to receive your confirmation code)
- A telephone (to dial in to the meeting)
Please follow the instructions below.
Speaking About an Agenda Item (Remotely)
- Anyone who wishes to address the County Commission remotely (i.e. via telephone) on an Agenda Item must pre-register before the meeting begins, but no later than 9:30AM on the day of the meeting.
- Click this link to register for the upcoming meeting
The link will direct you to an Event Services Registration Form:
- All fields of information on the Event Services Registration Form marked with a red asterisk are required.
- If you are registering to speak on multiple items, please enter all the item numbers in the Item # field.
- After submitting your registration online, you will receive an email with a telephone number to call, and a personalized access code.
On the day of the meeting:
- Call the telephone number you are given. You can call up to 10 minutes prior to the meeting start time. Your call will be answered and you will be put into a “Listen Only” mode until the Agenda Item number you have signed up to speak about is called.
- When it is time for you to speak, the Mayor will direct the conference operator to unmute your line. The Mayor will ask you to introduce yourself and tell you how much time you have to speak.
- If you are going to be watching the webcast/broadcast from your remote location, please mute the speaker on the device you are watching from BEFORE your line is unmuted to speak. This will help prevent feedback on the webcast/broadcast.
- The Mayor will let you know when the time you have been given to speak expires and will offer Commissioners the opportunity to comment or ask questions.
- At the conclusion of your comments, you can either hang up or stay on the line and listen to the rest of the meeting.