Address: 115 S. Andrews Ave., Room A370, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
• 954-563-HELP (4357) (Homeless Helpline)
Program Description: Homeless Initiative Partnership oversees the planning and coordination of services for individuals experiencing homelessness in Broward County.
- Emergency Shelter
- Traditional Housing
- Permanent and Affordable housing
- Case Management
- Mental Health
- Health and Substance Abuse Services
- Life Skiles Training
- Employment Training
- Housing Placement
Address: 4780 North State Road 7, Lauderdale Lakes, FL 33319
• 954-739-1114 (General)
• 954-739-1114 ext. 1373 (Assisted Housing Waiting List)
Program Description: The Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Program enables residents of Broward County to rent from private landlords with rental assistance administered by the Assisted Housing Department. Participants come from an established waiting list. Applications for this program are available only when the wait list is open. Eligibility for a rental voucher is based on annual gross income and is limited to U.S. citizens and specified
categories of non-citizens who have eligible immigration status.
Address: 920 Northwest 7th Avenue, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33311-7229
Program Description: Broward Partnership for the Homeless, Inc. (BPHI) is a private-public partnership committed to the provision of quality services and advocacy for homeless people that promotes self-sufficiency and independence, as well as supports their dignity and self-worth in our community’s efforts to reduce homelessness.
Program Services: The Center provides emergency shelter and comprehensive services to individuals and families, for periods up to 60 days.
Address: 2056 Scott Street, Hollywood, FL 33022
Program Description: This facility offers a comprehensive service program designed to meet the needs of South Broward’s homeless men, women and children. Clients are taught life skills that help them develop goals for returning to the community.
Address: 1300 S Andrews Ave, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316
Program Description: Seeks to find new solutions and strategies to end homelessness. United Way of Broward County and the Greater Fort Lauderdale Alliance created the Broward Business Council on Homelessness, which supports a joint initiative called United We End Homelessness.
- Administrative Offices: 1603 NW 7th Avenue, Miami, FL 33136
- Camillus House Overnight Shelter: 1603 NW 7th Avenue,
Miami, FL 33136
- Camillus Health: 336 NW 5th Street, Miami, FL 33128
Program Description: Offers a comprehensive “system of care” for the
poor and homeless, a seamless, step-by-step process designed to bring
people from a life on the streets all the way to permanent housing.
- Career Help Program: prepares people who are homeless and formerly homeless to find and keep meaningful employment. The program provides individuals with the opportunity to achieve their educational, vocational and employment goals through industry specific career tracks.
– Educational Program: designed for individuals who are interested in obtaining their GED
– Vocational Training: designed to provide individuals with specific trade skills that they can transfer into paying jobs in the community.
– Job Development: provides persons who are homeless and formerly homeless with a job coach to assist them with all areas pertaining to the search for employment and placement.
- Direct Care Ministry: includes overnight shelter, showers, clothing exchange, mail services, telephone usage, public restrooms, Camillus House picture ID, food services, and basic referrals and information.
- Healthcare: Services encompass a broad spectrum of health care, including preventive care, episodic care for acute illness, chronic disease management, and specialty and surgical referrals as needed. A full dispensary service provides medications at no cost for those who have no other resource.
- Institute of Success and Personal Achievement (ISPA): Substance Abuse Treatment
- Housing: A range of housing options include Emergency, Transitional and Permanent Housing, depending upon the stage in which each client is during their recovery from homelessness.
Address: 1317 Winewood Blvd., Tallahassee, FL 32399-0700
Program Description: The State Office on Homelessness contracts with 27 local Homeless Continuums of Care (CoC) to provide necessary
services to the local community. Partnering with each CoC gives localcontrol of projects that are tailored to needs of each community.
- Emergency Solutions Grant
- Homelessness Prevention Grant
- Challenge Grant