Address: 900 NW 31st Avenue, Suite 3000, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33311
Program Description: Emergency assistance with utilities, rent, and
mortgage is a service provided as part of the Family Success case
management programs. The clients are assessed for need compared to
other resources (client and community). When the need is determined,
only then is the client provided emergency assistance. This assistance is
meant to prevent loss of stable housing.
- Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP): The LIHEAP program provides low-income families with financial assistance for electric bill payments. Eligibility is based on income and household size. The Broward County LIHEAP Program is for Broward County residents only.
- Financial Capability Program: The Financial Capability Program integrates financial capability into division services by placing one Financial Coach at each Family Success Center. The Financial Coaches work one-on-one monthly with residents to help develop individualized financial goals and foster good financial management practices to assist with understanding to help achieve the following:
– Develop a sustainable budget
– Establish or improve credit
– Understand secure banking options
– Design a financial plan to build assets
– Foster good financial management practices
– Build financial confidence
For additional information, contact your nearest Family Success Center and ask for a Financial Coach.
Program Description: Access from AT&T is a low-cost program for home internet access in the 21 states where they offer wireline home internet services to limited income households. Access from AT&T provides low-cost internet service for eligible households. Internet service for $10/mo. or less based on the maximum speed available at your address up to 25Mbps.
Eligibility: There are four programs that determine eligibility for the Access from AT&T program. In response to the public health crisis, Access from AT&T is temporarily expanding eligibility based on income and to households participating in National School Lunch and Head Start Programs. You must fall into at least one of the four programs.
- Supplemental Nutritional Access Program (SNAP)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI) for California residents only
- Income (Temporary)
- National School Lunch and Head Start Programs (Temporary)
Address: 2540 Shumard Oak Blvd., Tallahassee, FL 32399
Program Description: The Lifeline Assistance Program helps make telephone service affordable to low-income customers in Florida. Lifeline Assistance offers a $9.25 credit per month for broadband. Over a year’s time, that is a savings of at least $111. By comparison, qualifying customers receiving stand-alone voice service can receive a $5.25 credit per month which equates to $63 for the year. The Florida Public Service Commission wants all eligible low-income residents to receive this discount.
Eligibility: You are eligible if you receive state federal help from: Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Medicaid, Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Federal Public Housing Assistance (Section 8), and Veterans Pension and Survivors Benefit or if you meet the income guidelines.
Address: 810 Datura Street, West Palm Beach, FL 33401
Program Description: Palm Beach County Community Services offers rental assistance, utility assistance, homeless services, training programs, and indigent burial program. Due to limited funding, staff will process applications on a first come first serve basis.
Eligibility: Must be a resident of Palm Beach County and must not be over the income guideline. There are additional requirements for each separate
Program Description: FPL offers financial assistance to help low income customers with their electric bills. They also provide additional resources for utility assistance.
- Florida’s Emergency Home Energy Assistance for the Elderly Program (EHEAP) helps low-income households, with at least one person age 60 and older, when the households are experiencing a home energy emergency and are unable to pay their FPL bill. Households can receive this type financial assistance a maximum of twice a year – once during the heating season (October – March) and again during the cooling season (April – September).
– Elder Helpline: 800-963-5337
– Eligibility: Must have a documented heating or cooling emergency, at least one individual age 60 or older in the home and a gross household annual income equal to or less than 150 percent of the federal poverty guidelines.
- FPL Care To Share
Your household may be eligible to receive up to $500 during a 12-month period to help pay the FPL bill. Please be aware that the need for assistance far exceeds the funding available, so many households may not receive assistance. Additionally, households with seniors, children under 10 or those with disabled persons may be given priority consideration. Funding from the Care To Share program is administered by our local nonprofit and government agency partners.
– Call partner agencies administering Care To Share:
• Community Action Agency: 954-357-5025
• The Salvation Army: 954-524-6991
- FPL Payment Request Extension
Address: 100 S. Pine Island Road, Suite 230, Plantation, FL 33324
Program Description: The agency offers specialized services for seniors and the disabled, such as individual and family counseling; in-home counseling;
marriage and caregiver support groups; case management; community resources; information and referral services; temporary financial assistance
for rent, food and utilities; dental bill payment assistance; and a Kosher food delivery program.
Program Services: Dental Bill Assistance, Dental Bill Payment Assistance, EHEAP, Electric Bill Payment Assistance, Financial Assistance, Utilities, Home-Delivered Meals, Rent Payment Assistance
The City of Pembroke Pines in conjunction with the State Housing Initiative Partnership (SHIP); has created a program to provide Emergency Rent and Utilities Assistance to income qualified residents who are impacted by the COVID – 19 public health emergency.
- Payment of past due rent and utility bills for income qualified applicants.
- Maximum grant of $5,000 per household.
- No repayment required.
- Payment made directly to landlord or utility company.
- Funds provided on a first come, first qualified, first served basis.
- Income must be at or below 80% Area’s Median Income (AMI).
- Incomplete applications will not be accepted and processed.
- Program not available for City of Pembroke Pines apartments or City Water Bills.
- Program is not for commercial rent or mortgage assistance.
- Program administered by the City Housing Consultant Community Redevelopment Associates of Florida, Inc.
How to Apply
- Applications can be downloaded at www.crafla.com or www.ppines.com.
- Applications can be accepted after May 29, 2020.
- Completed application along with all required documentation can be sent via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or placed in the drop box located at:
Community Redevelopment Associates of Florida, Inc.
8569 Pines Boulevard, Suite 207
Pembroke Pines, FL 33024
Program Questions (Hablamos Español)
Call: 954.431.7866 ext 110
Email: Nercida Casado at email@example.com
Program description: The Emergency Broadband Benefit Program is a Federal Communications Commission (FCC) program that provides a temporary discount on monthly broadband bills for qualifying low-income households. If your household is eligible, you can receive:
- Up to a $50/month discount on your broadband service and associated equipment rentals
- Up to a $75/month discount if your household is on qualifying Tribal lands
- A one-time discount of up to $100 for a laptop, tablet, or desktop computer (with a co-payment of more than $10 but less than $50)
Only one monthly service discount and one device discount is allowed per household.
The FCC has announced that consumers can begin applying for and enrolling in the Emergency Broadband Benefit Program on May 12, 2021. The program will end when the fund runs out of money, or six months after the Department of Health and Human Services declares an end to the COVID-19 health emergency, whichever is sooner.
How to Receive your Benefit:
- Check If You Qualify
– See if your household fits into any eligible categories
- Apply for the Emergency Broadband Benefit
– Choose how you want to apply and submit all necessary documents
3. Find a Broadband Provider Near You
– Use this search tool to find a company that offers Emergency Broadband Benefit discounts